Whether you’re driven by wanderlust, a career change, or looking for your calling after graduation, Lacrosse the Nations is always looking for volunteers for our Nicaragua and Costa Rica programs!
Why volunteer with Lacrosse the Nations?
Volunteering with LtN abroad is an incredibly unique and rewarding experience. Since both programs launched, LtN has become an integral part the communities where we work. We have built meaningful partnerships with local entities thanks to our incredible group of on-the-ground staff and volunteers.
Volunteering with LtN is unique because it allows volunteers to have an experience that:
- Is independently driven by your personal skill sets and motivators
- Provides for over 10-12 hours per week of hands-on experience teaching and coaching at-risk youth
- Creates lasting relationships with students, their families, and other volunteers from around the world
- Allows you the opportunity to volunteer with our partner organizations, Abriendo Mentes and Manna Project, and explore other areas of community development
- Will give you invaluable nonprofit experience in some of the most beautiful places in the world
Current Staff Opportunities
Country Director - Costa Rica (starting January 2018): supervise LtN program implementation in Costa Rica, including management of all Costa Rica coaches and volunteers. Work closely with Executive Director and country partners to execute LtN programming. Plan lacrosse/life skills lessons; enrich the experiences of the students with whom LtN works. Required to be conversationally fluent in Spanish and have at least a Bachelors degree. Full-time, paid position starting in January 2018, with in-country training in Nov. 2017. Click here for full Job Description
To apply: http://bit.ly/LtNCRDirectorApp
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Playa Potrero, Costa Rica
Long-Term Volunteer (starting Fall 2017): support the Country/Program Director in all aspects of LtN programming in Costa Rica, including volunteer recruitment and management, program & curriculum development and implementation. Required to be conversationally fluent in Spanish.
To apply: http://bit.ly/LtNCRVolApp
Long-Term Volunteer (starting Fall 2017): oversee LtN program implementation, help with LtN coach and player development and work with Manna Project International to implement a range of community development projects. Full time position. 5-13-month commitment. LtN will help volunteers fundraise to cover their costs.
To apply: http://bit.ly/LtN_NicaVolApp